We, Tan Chong & Sons Motor Company Sdn. Bhd. (3377-D) (“TCM”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it because consumer trust is important to us. We want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of the personal data that you will be providing to us for processing.
What are the personal data that we may collect from you?
How do we collect your personal data?
When you visit our Site, we will not collect any personal data about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you opt not to provide us with personal data you can still access our Site but certain features that require the provision of your personal data may be unavailable (for example email alerts and/or responding to your online inquiry).
TCM may also be collecting your personal data from the following sources:-
- any documents executed by you pursuant to any commercial transaction with us;
- any forms submitted by you to us and/or any of our related corporations during any survey, questionnaire, contest and/or any promotional or marketing events;
- your use of and/or registration with our Site;
- any emails or correspondences sent by you to us which includes your personal data; and/or
- third party service providers such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other government entities.
How do we use the personal data?
The personal data which we gather from you is intended to be used in the ordinary course of our business, which may include but not limited to the following:-
- Providing our products and/or services to you;
- managing and administering our records in relation to your business transactions with us;
- technical administration of the Site;
- facilitating or enabling any checks that may be conducted on you by us or by any third party from time to time;
- communicating with you and responding to your enquiries;
- informing you of any promotion, offers, events, and news of the products and services which may be offered by TCM and/or our related corporations. If you do not wish to receive any promotional or direct marketing material please notify us via our contact details as set out below;
- conducting our internal activities, such as internal market surveys and trend analysis;
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- for any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the abovementioned purposes.
(collectively, the “Purposes”, and “Purpose” shall be construed accordingly)
If you fail to provide us with your personal data, or should you provide insufficient or inaccurate information, or if you do not consent to our processing of your personal data, we will not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes
To whom we may disclose your personal data?
Your personal data may be disclosed to and processed by the following third parties for any of the aforesaid Purposes:-
- banks, credit check companies, credit bureaus or credit reporting agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
- any of TCM’s related corporations within the Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad’s group of companies;
- third party service providers, including but not limited to our data processors, professional advisors and auditors; and/or
- any such third party as may be requested or authorized by you.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
The time period for which we may keep personal data varies according to the Purpose of use of such data. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep the data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the personal data, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the Purpose for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
How do we protect your personal data?
We take appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorized disclosure or processing. We use a secure server to store your personal data.
What if you wish to change the personal data, or have a complaint to lodge or have any form of enquiries relating to the collection of the personal data?
You may contact TCM via any one or more of the following channels:-
|Address||:||Lot 3, Jalan Perusahaan Satu, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor|
|Tel. No.||:||+60 3 6186 1800|
|Fax No.||:||+603 6186 1230|
In accordance with the PDPA:
- We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access to and/or correction of your personal data; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access to and/or correction of your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason(s) for our refusal.
A “cookie” is a small text file or text identifier that helps us in many ways to make your visit to our Site more enjoyable and meaningful. They also allow us to tailor a website that is more user-friendly to better match your interests and preferences.
There are a couple different types of cookies:-
- A “session” cookie is stored only in your device’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your device, the session cookie will disappear.
By using our Site, you consent to the use and storage of cookies on your device. However, you can also view our Site without cookies. Your browser lets you choose whether to accept, not to accept or to be warned before accepting cookies. Such guidance is provided in your chosen browser’s manual. Please note however that the blocking of some types of cookies may impact your experience of the Site.